Projects - DHARANI - Land Records Information System
Goa was the first state to have 100% computerized Land Records. Both rural & urban Record of Rights (ROR) are computerized. The current version, DHARANI-II (rural & urban) developed and implemented by NIC, Goa for the Department of Settlement and Land Records (DSLR) & other revenue authorities has the following major services:
- Dharani Rural & Dharani Urban are the textual web-based solutions implemented for maintenance of Rural & Urban ROR’s for Government of Goa.
- Entire land records are now converted to UNICODE for all 12 talukas
- Digital crop survey is done
Under this project DSLR had issued a Netbook PC to all 187 Talathis of Goa, for conduct of crop survey. Each Netbook is provided with ROR data, cadastral maps of saza & a click-once based solution for recording the cultivator entries in the Kharif & Rabi seasons. The recorded cultivator details are uploaded through web service, which enable the Mamlatdars (Tehsildars) to certify the cultivator entries using Dharani Rural. Once entries are certified the entries appear on the Record of Rights.
Some of the other facilities of DHARANI-II are:
- A web enabled Touch Screen Kiosk Interface is available at all Mamlatdar offices.
- Biometric authentication is provided